You have that stamp of your exes name across your chest or a skull tattoo on your arm and now want to get rid of it. Well, you are looking at several thousands of dollars if you are to go for a laser removal. A lot, right? Don’t beat up yourself just yet – there are some proven ways that you can remove those tattoos at home without necessary drying up your bank account.
Here’s what am talking about:
1. Dermabrasion/ Salabrasion
Dermabrasion is basically the process of scraping your skin to remove the pigments. In a normal occasion, this process is done by a professional, but that doesn’t mean you cannot do it yourself. The idea here is just being extra careful. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by moistening the tattooed area using a warm cloth
- Apply about 1/2 cup of salt onto the area. Most of the salt should stick there because of the moisture. When combined with water and then rubbed gently onto the skin, ground salt removes several skin layers.
- Gently rub the salt using a cotton cloth. You will realize that the area will start turning red, and in other occasions bleeding. Don’t worry; just wash off all the salt quickly to prevent excessive pain
- Soak another washcloth in hydrogen peroxide, and then dab the bleeding after adding vitamin E (found in stores). Hydrogen peroxide prevents infection, while the Vitamin E speeds up healing process, not to mention reduce scars.
- Cover the area using gauze until you see that it scabs.
- Once your scab falls off, you will realize that the ink is much lighter. If you need to make it even lighter you can repeat the process after a few days.
2. Use tattoo removal creams
Yes, there hundreds of tattoo removal creams out there, but you have to be very careful since some may not deliver results, but rather do more harm than good to your body. Some of the popular options in the market include Tattoo-Off and Tat B Gone.
Although they may not get rid of the tattoo entirely, they do a good job removing the fine lines, making the tattoo fade away. If you apply and realize some irritation, discontinue right away. Some people are allergic to the creams and the consequences can be severe.
3. Aloe vera + Vitamin E + Paederia Tomentosa
Aloe vera been used as a remedy for a very long time. From preventing infections to curbing dry skin to burn treatment – you name it and aloe vera has a solution! When used alongside vitamin E and Paederia Tomentosa, it helps get rid of tattoos on your body. Here are the directions:
- Squeeze out a fresh aloe vera leaf to get about one tablespoon of its juice.
- Mix the juice with Paederia Tomentosa, also one tablespoon. Pop two vitamin E capsules and add them to the mixture.
- Stir thoroughly in order to create a fine paste, working it through your tattoos area.
- Continue rubbing the area using your fingers, kind of like a circulation, for about ten minutes.
- Rinse the area using warm water. Repeat this process until the tattoos fade away.
If you have small tattoos that are light colored, you will find Honey very useful in removing them. So, how do you do it?
- Mix one tablespoon each of salt, yoghurt, aloe vera and honey.
- Blend everything together to make a fine paste or cream. Work it through the tattooed area, massaging the skin gently in order to aid the solution to work.
- Rinse the area using warm water in about 30 minutes or so. Repeat this process when you feel like it to achieve the desired results.
5. Use Abrasive scrubs
Before I can go ahead to cover this tip, it is good you know that using abrasive scrubs is for those with an extremely high tolerance for pain. It is an effective method, but really painful. When you do it wrong, it could even cause scarring, so be very careful. Here are the guidelines:
- Combine a generous quantity of aloe vera gel and sanding powder, and then place the solution directly onto the tattoo.
- Take a pumice stone and rub it gently at 60 seconds intervals. Do this 2 -3 times per day, for about one month and the tattoo will be gone by then!
6. Homemade chemical peel – vitamin E, Aloe vera and apricot scrub
There are many chemical peels out there that re claimed to remove tattoos. Well, most of them work, but some are not effective at all. Why not make yourself a homemade chemical peel that you are sure works? Here’s how to do it. No chemicals; just natural ingredients!
- Mix vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel and apricot scrub, ensuring that you use equal amounts
- Using a q-tip, gently dab the mixture directly onto the area tattoos, doing it in circular motion. Ensure that the entire area is covered generously.
- Leave the areas to soak for around 5 minutes, and then wash the solution off with some cold water.
- Repeat this process about 4 times daily for around a month. The ink will gradually fade away until nothing more is left.
Depending on the tattoo size and its depth, the process can take longer than expected. The variety of colors and brightness may also come into play in determining how long it takes, but press on until it’s all gone.
So, what do you think about these remedies? Could they help you get rid of that unwanted tattoo? If you ask me, you can save thousands of dollars that you could otherwise use undergoing laser surgery.
These home remedies are affordable and have been proven to work wonders. Just be patient, follow instructions top the letter, and all will be well. They have worked on others, and they will work on you. Comment below and tell me what you think.